Headache Relief

If you often get headaches, then you are not alone. 9 in every 10 US citizens suffer from headaches. Whenever you feel a headache coming, you may automatically think of getting an over-the-counter pain killer. But have you considered a natural alternative to treating these headaches? Dr. Jason Dunlap of The Edge Chiropractic in Ormond Beach, FL, is an expert at using chiropractic techniques to relieve headache pains.

What Triggers Headaches?

Headaches can be triggered by many things, including environmental stimuli like lights and stress, or certain behaviors, like excess exercise and insomnia. About 5 percent of headaches are a result of certain physical problems. The other 95% are known as primary headaches and are not a result of any condition. Rather, they are the main health concern.

A great majority of these headaches are associated with muscle tension around the neck. Most Americans are leading a sedentary lifestyle where a lot of time is spent on one posture. This can lead to muscle tension and joint irritation around the back, neck, and scalp, resulting in headaches.

How Does Chiropractic Care Help With Headache Pain?

At our clinic, we understand that chiropractic adjustments are effective in treating headaches. For instance, spinal manipulations can eliminate chronic and acute neck pain, consequently relieving headaches. This is the most common technique used to eliminate headache pain. During treatment, the doctor will apply moderate pressure on certain areas to adjust the spine. This will help enhance spinal function by relieving any stress put on your nervous system. This allows your whole body to function better.

Seeing Dr. Dunlap will help you get rid of that stress that you encounter on a daily basis. Whether you spend endless hours in front of a desk or driving to the office, stress can manifest itself as a headache. When you visit us, we will also give you tips on exercises, posture, and relaxation techniques that can also help you eliminate headache pains.

What to Expect From Your Chiropractor?

If you experience constant primary headaches, your doctor will do the following:

  • Chiropractic adjustments to boost spinal function and relieve stress on your system
  • Advice on lifestyle changes, such as changing the diet
  • Suggest exercises and work postures that can relieve muscle tension and joint irritation on your neck and back pain

You need to take headaches seriously. If you often get headaches, your headaches are getting worse, or you frequently take over-the-counter medication because of headaches, it may be time to see a chiropractor in Ormond Beach, FL. Plus, the earlier you are diagnosed, the earlier you can get treatment and resume your everyday life.

Dr. Jason Dunlap has undergone intense training to help patients struggling with headaches. If you want to try this alternative treatment, contact The Edge Chiropractic at 386-290-6007 and let us help you.

Contact Us!

Send Us An Email Today!

Our Location

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Find Out When We Are Open


8:00 am-8:00 pm


8:00 am-8:00 pm


8:00 am-8:00 pm


8:00 am-8:00 pm


8:00 am-8:00 pm


Please call


Please call